Choose one diagnosis from the Sleep/Wake Disorders group
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc.
- Scan Pages 361-422
- Instrument/ Tool criteria: For each assessment, you are tasked with selecting, you will identify an instrument and:
- List what DSM diagnosis the tool/instrument is used for.
- Identify an assessment/diagnosis instrument.
Appraise a scholarly, peer-reviewed article
that addresses the use of the instrument to support your choice as an
evidence-based instrument for practice.
Evaluate the instruments appropriateness for
diagnosing the condition it is designed to assess or if the developers
of the instrument reported that the instrument is only part of a
comprehensive assessment for the disorder.
Describe whether or not the instrument can be
used to measure patient response to therapy/treatment or if it is
strictly for assessment and diagnosis.
- Discuss the psychometrics/scoring of the instrument, including reliability and validity.
- Discuss any limitations associated with the use of the instrument.
- Include a link to view the assessment if possible.
Use the following template in completing
your portfolio assignments. Your information can be in a bulleted format
or just a couple of sentences for each criterion listed
above. However, you must use APA citations. You are NOT required to
write this in a paper format. Turn in one document for each weeks
topics. (However, create a file on your desktop to compile your
portfolio as you move through the term.) This will ensure you can have
easy access to show the full portfolio and once you begin clinicals and
practice. Throughout the program, you will continue to add to the
portfolio in each course.