HCM500: WEEK 5 Paper & Discussion
Week 5 Paper: Government Role in Hospital Growth and Decline
Government Role in Hospital Growth and Decline (90 points)
Submit a paper that explains the role of government in the growth, as well as the decline, of hospitals in the United States. Be sure to discuss major legislation and reimbursement factors.
Your paper should be well-written and meet the following requirements:
- 4-5 pages in length (not including cover page & reference page).
- Robust Introduction:
- Include at least three references from peer-reviewed articles beyond the text or other course materials. (Not more than 5 years old).
- Be sure to discuss and reference concepts taken from the assigned textbook reading and relevant research.
- Open with a robust one-paragraph introduction that provides a brief (3-5 sentences), formal overview of the specific purpose, approach and scope of the paper provide precise thesis/problem statement. Preview the specific topics, issues, and recommendations that the paper explores.
- Utilize headings to organize the content in your work.
Week 4: Discussion Post ~ 400 – 500 words
Students are to visit the Hospital Compare website and locate a for-profit and a not-for-profit hospital in your zip code (80215) https://www.medicare.gov/care-compare/?providerType=Hospital&redirect=true
Not-for-Profit: Lutheran Medical Center (Level II Trauma Center)
For-Profit: North Suburban Medical Center (Level II Trauma Center_
Write a brief introduction (minimum of 100 words) describing the background of the two hospitals chosen.
Next, discuss what the survey data reflects on differences in quality care, and share your observations and perceptions of the two organizations based on their profit status.