The efforts to improve health care begun by Obamacare or the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (PPACA) were signed into law in early 2010. The purpose of PPACA was to ensure all Americans could access quality and affordable health care while reducing rising health care costs.
For this assignment, imagine you are writing an article for an online journal for health care workers. The point of your article is to explain to medical students the effects PPACA has had on the health care system in the United States.
For this assignment:
- Define managed care.
- Explain federal assistance programs, and give two examples.
- Discuss five major aims of PPACA.
- Discus the impact of the PPACA on the overall health care costs the United States.
- Explain how the PPACA has influenced the practice of defensive medicine within U.S. health care programs.
- Discuss four ways PPACA protects you and your family.
- Differentiate between national health coverage and universal health coverage. Which do you feel is better suited for Americans?