- This assignment will be in the format of a PowerPoint presentation (Bullet points and Best Practices for PowerPoint should be used).
- You are developing this presentation as if you were going to communicate your analysis to your colleagues regarding a current federal bill you believe may be of interest to nurses.
- Go to https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/subjects/health/6130 (Links to an external site.) (This is a required site for this assignment.)
- Choose a current health-related federal bill of interest from the required site. Read through the bill and develop a summary of the main points in your own words. Include the bill number and name. (You may also use H.R. or S.R. as these are bills in the resolution phase).
- Here is a link to our U.S. legislative process (bill to law) for review if you need to review how a bill becomes a law: https://www.congress.gov/legislative-process (Links to an external site.)
- For those not familiar with the development of a PowerPoint slideshow, the following link to the Microsoft Office 365 Training (Links to an external site.) may be helpful.
- Include the following information in your presentation
o Title slide (Your name, NR451, session, Healthcare Policy assignment)
o Bill name and number (indicate either H.B./H.R. or S.B./S.R.)
o Bill summary (in your own words)
o Address how this bill might relate to a professional nursing practice standard if passed? If not passed? (Choose one standard from the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice textbook)
o How might the bill impact your own nursing practice if passed? If not passed?
o How might you communicate your concerns about or support for this bill to peers and legislators based on nursing practice, standards, or patient outcomes?
o How might this bill impact your community if passed?