Discussion: Career Planning and Development Center
The Walden University Career Planning and Development center is available to all Walden students and alumni. The Career Planning and Development offers the following:
Resources for self-assessment
Sources for researching job opportunities and career information
- Resume and curriculum vitae (CV) tips
- Guidance on networking
- Strategies to help you prepare for interviews
- Information on salaries and job offers
- For this week’s Discussion, you will explore how the Career Planning and Development center can help you meet your professional and career goals.
- To prepare for this Discussion:
Access the Walden University Career Planning and Development website (found in the Learning Resources).
Review the various tabs and pages on the website.
View at least one webinar posted on the site.
View at least one job site that relates to your career goals.
- By Day 4
- Post a thoughtful response to the following:
- Identify your Program of Study (BS Health Studies, BS Public Health, BS Healthcare Management).
- Which two services offered by the Career Planning and Development center did you find most helpful? Why?
Based on your career goals, in which job would you have the most interest? Provide the job title and list the qualifications for this job.
How may the Career Planning and Development center assist you in meeting your goals and applying for this specific job?
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.