Staff Education Video [WLOs: 1, 2, 3] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this discussion,
Review The Joint Commissions Sentinel Events (SE)
- If needed, review the Canvas Video Submission Instructions on how to create a video post using your computers webcam. For tips on making a professional video, review the Filming a Video That Demonstrates Professionalism resource.
The CEO has tasked you with creating a 4- to 6-minute staff educational video pertaining to one of the following topics:
- Patient falls
- HIPAA violations
Social media use by employees
Health care disparities among LGBTQ patients
Diversity among patients and health care workers
In the video, you are educating your staff on the details that occurred pertaining to the selected topic that you choose from the list above. Address the following:
Create the scenario related to your selected topic.
Discuss why staff education is important to the team members. Include details regarding the impact to patient care and outcomes.
Discuss what went wrong and what procedure was not followed (e.g., human error, policy, process, protocol, etc.).
Create a new procedure the staff will follow to avoid future events.
- Also, for your video, create and attach a transcript of the video or ensure closed captioning is accurate within the video.
- Once you have completed your video, follow the Canvas Video Submission Instructions for uploading your video to the discussion area.
- Note: If are unable to complete this assignment for accessibility reasons or if you have difficulty creating a video, please contact your instructor as soon as possible.
- Consider the following perspectives when creating your questions:
- Risk management perspective
- Health care professional role (health unit coordinator, manager, pharmacist, pharm tech, RN, LPN, CNA, lab tech, etc.) perspective
Human resources perspective
- Accreditation perspective