As you do your research about CAM, it is vital to establish what information is credible and reliable. By the time you complete this assignment you should have made some decisions about the credibility and reliability of information related to CAM..Assignment
Create a 14- to 16-slide (including introduction, conclusion, and reference slides) presentation (Microsoft® PowerPoint®, Prezi, etc.) that provides guidance for assessing credibility and reliability of an online source about CAM information.
Directions:Select a CAM therapy or modality different from the one you selected in Week 1 or 2 and do research for information about this therapy or modality. Using the five objective criteria you created above, provide a review on one of the websites you found in your search and evaluate the reliability and credibility of the information it presents on CAM. Include detailed speaker notes (75 word minimum) in a separate Word document for all slides except title, introduction, conclusion, references).Ensure you include at least one slide for each of the following:
- Briefly describe the CAM therapy or modality What it treats and how it works (2 slides)
- Create five objective criteria to evaluate the credibility and reliability of a source of information on CAM.
- Discuss how you arrived at each criterion and how it can help assess reliability of source information. (2 slides)
- Using the five objective criteria you created above, provide a review on one of the websites you found in your search on the CAM and evaluate the reliability and credibility of the information it presents on CAM. (2 slides)
- Explain how the website met or did not meet each of the criterion you created.
- Describe how a consumer’s attitudes and beliefs about CAM could affect the assessment of reliability and credibility of source information about CAM.
- Explain whether using credible sources addresses/changes incorrect personal attitudes, feelings and beliefs about CAM.
- Include Conclusion slide.
- Reference slide APA format
- Include detailed speaker notes for each slide except title, introduction, conclusion, references.
- Compile your speakers notes in a Word document identifying them by slide number.
Present the Assessing Reliability and Credibility of CAM Resources Presentation according to your campus enrollment listed below:
- For Online and Directed Study students: a visual presentation with a speaker notes document