1) Which of the following do you think should be a priority:
- Salt restriction as a public policy; or
- Ensuring adequate water intake to prevent dehydration in children during school-sponsored sports events?
Please support your answer should be 250 words based on examples and properly cite all your external sources using APA format.
2) Explain how your consumption of fluid intake is healthy or detrimental to your wellness. For example, do you consume a large number of sugary drinks? How many glasses of water do you drink in a day? How does this effect cellular composition (electrolyte balance, osmosis, osmolality)? What are some effects of sodium or potassium electrolyte?alance in cells? Your response should be at least 450 words.
3)Within the last decade, a lot of negative attention has been given to consuming higher amounts of carbohydrates. ?owever, carbohydrates provide energy for the body, and the type of carbohydrate you consume is as important as the number of carbohydrates (i.e., quality over quantity).
1.??Identify and discuss at least 2 different health benefits associated with increased consumption of whole grains (as a source of carbohydrates). What scientific evidence supports these possible
For the next questions, please refer to your Food Diary from Unit 1 for this Assignment.
2. What percentage of total calories in your diet is made up of carbohydrates (remember that the AMDR for carbohydrates is between 45 and 65%)? ?ould you consider this a high-carbohydrate diet or a low-carbohydrate diet? Please explain your answer.
3. What are some examples of fast-releasing and slow-releasing carbohydrates in your diet? Discuss if you are satisfied with your total intake and quality of carbohydrates, or if you think you should make some changes? If you want to make changes, which food items would be increased and decreased?
The Written Assignment should be 3-4 double spaced pages in length, not including title or reference pages. (No abstract is needed.) Use APA format with double-spacing, Times New Roman, 12-point font, and 1? margins. Include citations and a list of references in APA format.
1) Which of the following do you think should be a priority: Salt restriction as a public policy; orEnsuring adequate water intake to prevent dehydration in children during school-sponsored sports eve
24- Hour Food Diary 4 24- Hour Food Diary University Of the People Professor Kristina Ferreira 4/14/2021 24-Hour Food Diary Time What You Ate and Drink Preparation Method / Brand Name Serving Size Calories (kCal) 9:00 am oatmeal Cooked (Quaker) 250 mL (2 Cups) 2 x 150 = 300 Mint tea No brand 250 mL (2 Cups) 2 x 0 = 0 11:00 am Banana Dole 1 105 Water 250 mL (2 Cups) 1:00 pm Curry turkey wings cooked 2 x 426 = 852 Chick bean salad cooked 1.5 cups 1.5 x 130 = 195 Green Salad Prepared at home 2 cups 25 Water 125 mL (1 Cups) 3:00 pm Orange 62 Water 250 mL (2 Cups) 5:00 pm Gluten free muffin Homemade 350 Water 125 mL (2 Cups) 7:00 pm Sugar Cookie Homemade 72 Water 250 mL (2 Cups) 9:00 pm Hot Cocoa Swiss Miss 250 mL (2 Cups) 111 Total 2,072 1) Describe the challenges in filling out your own personal 24-hour food diary. Comment on how you overcame these challenges. The challenge that I faced while filling out my personal 24-hour food diary was that I noticed that I was hardly eating because I was busy and there were too little items in the table. I recorded the food diary the next day, paying more attention to the various eating times. 2)?rovide a brief paragraph of approximately 3 ? 7 sentences describing how you estimated the serving sizes, and what resources you used to determine the Calories of your food items. I estimated the serving sizes based on what I normally eat. I utilized Nourish by Web MD Food Calculator to determine the calories for my food items. I typed the food that I ate in the search tab, look at the servings and calculated the calories by the amount of serving that I ate where necessary. I added the total amount of calories consumed for each food to find out the amount of calories that were consumed in the day. 3)?omment on your total energy consumed in one day. ?s this day reflective of how much you usually eat every day? ?ere there any exceptions that happened that day that would not have normally happened? ?ere you very busy and ate your meal later in the day? Were there factors that caused you to choose the foods you chose? Did you do any intense physical activity? I consumed 2,072 calories in a day which is within the normal range for a female to consume. This 24- Hour Food Diary is not reflective of what I would eat on a typical day. I usually crave sweets at a certain time in the month which would cause me to consume a large quantity of sweets. I didn?t do any physical activity on the day the diary was recorded, however, I was moving about all day while working. References Food calculator: Carbs, calories, fat, protein and more. (n.d.). Retrieved April 13, 2021, from https://www.webmd.com/diet/healthtool-food-calorie-counter MyFoodDiary.com (2015). Tips for estimating serving sizes Retrived April 13, 2021 from http://www.myfooddiary.com/Resources/estimating_serving_sizes.asp(