Research a health condition which interests you.
Write a paper explaining this condition to a client. Assume that the client, is an ELL, or has a 6th grade education, or is stressed enough not to be able to communicate beyond that level.
Use the tools in the Resource?module to cross check your usage of medical terminology, written literacy level and readability.?When you have finished, give it to a 6th grader if possible and check to see if they understand it.?our goal is to produce?a document which correctly explains the condition you have chosen at a basic level. It should not only be readable by almost anyone, regardless of their facility with the English Language, but should also describe the health condition in full.?Be sure to tell the client about these things:
- The etiology of the condition
- Symptoms leading to the diagnosis, and symptoms to be expected now that the client is diagnosed.
- The usual course of the condition (is it lifelong, temporary, lethal, debilitating, curable, what?)
- Possible courses of action which the client might be offered. If you mention medications, what are routes, cautions, duration, and major side effects?
- Things the client can do to help stay healthy
- Resources for the client (American Lung Association, for instance)
This is to be an APA formatted paper with proper spelling, grammar, syntax, sentence structure, punctuation and, of course, readability.??ee Rubric, especially around citations.?The lower levels of literacy are not prepared to deal with in-body citations, so please put them at the end.
The paper should be at least 3 pages long, not including a title page.