topics discussion of the evolution of industries and core competencies
as a background, you will now begin to explore a variety of tools and
options related to the design of the organization, beginning with
strategies and tactics, and how innovation can be applied to make an
organization more competitive within an industry.
Fluid Phase of its industry, an organization emphasizes innovation in
its organizational processes and this necessitates an examination of
organizational structure. In industries beyond the Fluid Phase of the
Abernathy model, organizational structures are increasingly mechanistic
and less conducive to change. And yet, the long-term survival of these
companies is dependent upon change. Effective operation of an enterprise
requires both a long-term strategic and a short-term tactical plan.
Activity: Strategies and Tactics Paper
will examine strategies and tactics to familiarize yourself with their
purpose, function, and the role they play when organizations seek to
advance by being innovative. Writing this will help you understand the
selected companys strategies and tactics and how they affect the
companys planning and operations.
to research the web, various publications, and any other relevant
sources for information on either the Walt Disney Companys expansion
into Euro Disney or Kmart/Sears strategies and tactics.
- Write a six page paper
The paper should contain three sections identified below.
Background (choose one or the other)
- Background on either Disneys move into Europe.
- The history of Kmart or Sears pre-merger.
- Defines strategies and tactics.
- Identifies two critical actions performed that strategically and tactically had a positive effect on the company.
- Identifies two critical actions performed that strategically and tactically had a negative effect on the company.
- Provides support for your decisions.
- Includes a bibliography (set of references) of the research (not included in page count).
Your personal thoughts on:
- The importance of strategies and tactics.
- The strategies and tactics applied by the company you researched.
- The knowledge gained from doing this assignment.