Interview five friends or family members that are parents and/or guardians of a young child. Address the following:
- How much do you value literacy in your childs life?
- Describe your daily reading and writing activities alone as well as with your child.
- Share your last book sharing experience with your child.
- In what ways do you engage your child in the reading?
- Share ways you encourage your child to explore early literacy.
- How do you respond to your childs questions and engage your child in conversations? Give specific examples.
- What are ways your child attempts to draw or write and how do you encourage these behaviors to be explored?
- Include two additional interview questions relevant to family literacy and student success.
In 1,000-1,250 words do the following:
Summarize the interview responses and use them to answer the following:
- What did you learn from the interview responses?
- How will what you learned affect your future classroom?
- How will what you learned affect your interaction with families of young children?
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.