Each questions need to be at least 70 or more words. No plagerism at all. It is a total of eight questions.
VALUES OF A LEADER
- If your team member gets incentive based on one metric, isn’t it possible that they may only perform against that one metric and no other? Why would someone be inclined (who works on commission) to focus on any other metrics that would not add to their bottom line? What is the incentive and how can you improve focus in these areas?
- Some people say that leaders are born and not made and while this may be the case, there are still things in their surroundings that shape them. Some are born out of really tough situations while others are born out very ‘spoon fed’ situations. So is it possible that leaders are born in more than one way?
- Not long ago, I read an article about Seychilles; a beautiful island off the coast of Africa that had a very high unemployment rate and drug problem. It is filled with Africans, French and Asia immigrants that have been there, I believe since the 1800s. I kept wondering how could such a beautiful place, house such monstrous problems. When they conducted the research, they found that most of their unemployment rate came from unemployable people (drug addicts, drunks and uneducated citizens). How can the Minister (leader) deal with this issue and address the problem of unemployment?
THE IMPACT OF VALUES ON LEADERSHIP CHAPTER 4
1. What can happen to a leader’s reputation when they reflect and retract?
1. What is the impact of individual characteristics on behavior?
CHARISMATIC LEADERSHIP CHAPTER 6
1. Please identify a current or recent leader who you feel mastered or capitalized on their ability to be charismatic. How did this trait benefit them and is this something that can be taught?
1. How is management by exception different from empowerment?