You are assigned to care for a 14 year old girl who experiences an
unplanned pregnancy. She lives with her single mother, who works at a
local clinic as a Medical Assistant. The girl’s mother does not want the
girl to keep the baby, because having a baby at this age will make her
life more difficult. The girl wants to raise the baby, and has taken a
part time job. The girl’s boyfriend is 16 and is supportive, but his
parents are not. Create a teaching resource for her, outlining local
resources to help her make an informed decision on how she will face her
future. Your paper should be written in APA format, 2 – 3 pages in
length in addition to the cover page and reference page.
Be sure to do the following in your paper:
- Discuss the psychosocial impact of pregnancy on the teen and her family. What are some local resources for psychosocial support?
- Discuss the socioeconomic impact of pregnancy on the teen and her
family. What local resources for support such as local pregnancy care
agencies, adoption agencies, are available to her? Be sure to discuss
the importance of prenatal care. What resources are available to the
teen in your local area? How might she go about obtaining Medicaid if
- Discuss legal and ethical issues that are important in the case of
teen pregnancy, and what agencies might be of assistance to the teen may
in your local area. Be sure to address the entire family, including the
pregnant teen, her significant other, and the prospective grandparents
of the baby.
- Discuss the role of family violence, sexual violence and drug abuse
or use in the case of teen pregnancies, and offer resources for the
teen, should she need them.
- Discuss the various educational resources in your local area such
as: exercise for pregnancy classes, prenatal classes, breastfeeding
classes, grandparent’s classes and other educational support resources
for the teen.
- Discuss the role of work and schooling. What regulations are there
regarding the number of hours she will be permitted to work, and how
will this impact her schooling?