ENGLISH 4 : MODULE 02 :
Now you will begin the pre-writing process for your informational article.
Select one of the Amendments in the Bill of Rights as your topic, and organize your ideas in the Topic Selection Chart. You will be researching the following:
- an Amendment of your choice, from the Bill of Rights
- the personal liberty defined in the Amendment
- a landmark court case heard in the Supreme Court that presented an important ruling regarding your chosen Amendment
- two current court cases that involve your chosen Amendment
- how this personal liberty is handled in another country
After you complete your chart, you will contact your instructor for the Discussion-Based Assessment.
Important: Complete this two-part assessment before moving on to the next lesson.
- Complete the reading for this lesson and be ready to compare personal liberty in the United States to one other country.
- Complete the Topic Selection Chart.
- Review the Discussion-Based Assessment Rubric prior to your discussion.
- Contact your instructor to complete the Discussion-Based Assessment.
- In the Assessments area, submit the date you spoke with your instructor and your answers to the Discussion-Based Assessment Reflection Questions for 02.03 Selecting and Discussing Your Topic.