In a short paper of between 400-500 words, include the following:
- State your variables and hypotheses.
- Describe in detail what data analysis techniques would be appropriate to apply to your proposed study and justify why they are appropriate.
- Be specific and include the appropriate statistical tests. Explain why these are appropriate for your study.
- Refer to the resources provided in your readings within this module.
Research topic: How air pollution affects the health of humans.
The purpose of this study is to determine and research on the harm of air pollution towards human health.
My proposed question is, How does long-term exposure to air pollution affects the health of humans.
See the resources below for guidance about choosing among the many options for your data analysis. Remember that it is important to be able to justify your choice of analysis methods.
Note: These resources will help you answer the discussion question for this module.
Choosing a Statistical Test (Links to an external site.) by Queenborough Lab
Choosing the Correct Statistical Test in Research (Links to an external site.) by Nalika Gunawardena (Sri Lanka Journal of Child Health)
- Download the PDF file at the bottom of the page to read this article.
Choosing Statistical Test (Links to an external site.) by Shraddha Parab and Supriya Bhalerao (International Journal of Ayurveda Research)