A.NAME THREE (3)ENVIRONMENTAL PROBLEMS CAUSED BY HUMANS AND TELL ME WHICH ELEMENTS OF WASSSEM(Water, Air, Soil, Species. Ecosystem, Energy and Minerals) THEY AFFECT.EXPLAIN IN YOUR ANSWER IN DETAIL,HOW SPECIFICALLY ARE THEY AFFECTED AND WHOM DO THEY AFFECT?(20POINTS)
B.EXPLAIN THE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACTS OF ANIMAL AGRICULTURE.IN WHAT WAYS DOES IT IMPACT THE ENVIRONMENT?ANALYZE AT LEAST ONE POSSIBLE SOLUTION AND EXPLAIN IN DETAIL HOW IT CAN HAVE A POSITIVE IMPACT.(20 POINTS)
C.TELL ME WHAT YOUR FAVORITE ES 1HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT WAS THIS QUARTER?WHY DID YOU LIKE IT?WHAT ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUE DID IT COVER?WHAT SPECIFICALLY DID YOU LEARN THAT YOU DIDNT ALREADY KNOW?(20POINTS)
My favorite one is: Watch the Love Canal (https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=AwrT6VoC6OJXgiUADQoPxQt.?p=Love+Canal+yessterday+and+today&fr=yhs-adk-adk_sbnt&fr2=piv-web&hspart=adk&hsimp=yhs-adk_sbnt&type=appfocus7_ma_ff#) and Santa Clara Water District videos on the class website. Love Canal happened in the late 1970’s and early 1980’s. It resulted in a major Environmental Protection Act (EPA) called CERCLA or Superfund. After watching the videos and reviewing the information posted on Superfund in the PowerPoint of the website, answer the following questions:
1) Who was Lois Gibbs and what was her role in the Love Canal event?
2) What was the main chemical found at Love Canal. What health issues does that chemical cause?
3) What are the major issues you see with the Love Canal case study? How did it happen and who specifically do you think is to blame?
4) What could and should have been done to keep Love Canal from happening?
5) What specifically does the Superfund Act accomplish? Do you think it is effective?
6) Love Canal has supposedly been cleaned up? Do you think it is?
7) After watching the video on the Santa Clara County Water District, how do you feel about their ability to clean and use contaminated water? Do you have any concerns?
8) We all love our new technological products developed in Silicon Valley. Do you have any concerns that the chemicals used in the manufacturing process of semiconductors and computer chip technology back in the 1980’s can have an impact on our health today? Why or why not? Do some research and state your sources
D.EXAMINE A CITY (Santa Clara) WHERE YOU LIVE.GO TO THE CITY WEBSITE AND SEE IF THEY HAVE A GREEN,ENVIRONMENTAL OR SUSTAINABILITY PLAN.PROVIDE THE WEBSITE ADDRESS AND TELL ME WHAT THE CITY IS DONG TO BE SUSTAINABLE.HOW ARE THEY GETTING CITIZENS INVOLVED?WHAT LETTER GRADE WOULD YOU GIVE THEM?A=EXCELLENT;F=AWFUL.TELL ME WHY THEY RECEIVED THE GRADE THEY DID AND WHAT THEY COULD BE DOING BETTER.(20 POINTS)
E.IN THE VIDEO,THE STORY OF STUFF( https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=9GorqroigqM ), A NUMBER OF STAGES WERE DESCRIBED THAT ARE PART OF THE MANUFACTURING AND CONSUMER AND DISPOSAL CYCLES.LIST AND DESCRIBE EACH STAGE IN THE CYCLE AND EXPLAIN IN DETAIL HOW THE EXTRACTION,MANUFACTURING AND DISPOSAL CYCLES IMPACT THE ENVIRONMENT.LIST 3 SOLUTIONS THAT HELP ALLEVIATE THE IMPACT.(20 POINTS)