For this assignment:
- Select an infectious disease, chronic disease, or a topic in public health. You may refer to the American Public Health Association page for the most important issues and problems: https://www.apha.org/topics-and-issues
- Conduct a short literature review of this topic for the target population you have chosen. You may want to first research and find out where and among which group the issue is the most prevalent.
- Choose one of the theories that we have learned during the course of this class that you can apply in order to take a health-related action.
- Refer to your text on various intervention strategies we have learned. Select at least two to three strategies that you can apply that will foster the changes you want to measure. For each intervention, provide an example of how it can be used, and be sure to include a brief description of each intervention along with a rationale for using the intervention.
- Discuss the types of evaluation you will apply to measure the immediate and long-tem effectiveness of your proposed strategies.
- What are the roles of social determinants in promoting health, health disparities, and health equity related to this issue?
- Your paper should be five to seven pages in length (excluding cover page and reference page), and should have between four and six references. Your textbook can be one of your sources.
- Use APA (6th ed.) format to style your paper and to cite your sources. Your sources should be integrated into the paragraphs. Use internal citations pointing to evidence in the literature and supporting your ideas. You will need to include a reference page listing those sources.
See the rubric for specific grading criteria.
Due: Sunday, 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time)