- Explain foundations of global health.
- Analyze the incidence, distribution, and control of emerging healthcare concerns in global populations.
- Evaluate the impact of global disease surveillance processes among global populations.
- Integrate social determinants, ethical concerns, and human rights for high-risk and vulnerable global populations.
- Critique access to global healthcare.
- Prioritize epidemiological interventions among global populations.
You are working as a nurse consultant for the World Health Organization (WHO). You are asked to create an action plan for an awareness campaign surrounding a major global health issue.
Suggestive Global Issue: HIV
Create an action plan for your awareness campaign. Sections of the plan should include:
- Specific and accurate description of the background and significance of healthcare concern (including incidence and distribution)
- Objectives of the campaign are detailed and clearly stated. (include at least three)
- Target audience (including considerations of social determinants, ethical concerns, and human rights) is accurate and described in detail.
- Methods for implementation (materials, communication tools, activities, etc.) are accurate and described in detail.
- Information to convey (key messages), including a campaign slogan
- Evaluation strategy is described in detail.
- Timeline for the campaign is described in detail.
Information should be supported by evidence from professional sources, published within the past five years.