The Global Burden of Disease study is conducted by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation and published in the Lancet journal. It captures and analyzes data on many major causes of mortality and morbidity from almost every country. The study allows researchers and practices to compare countries and also help individual countries prioritize major health issues and risk factors with available resources. Review the background of the study by exploring the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation website as well as the various GBD reports found in the Lancet journal. Create a PowerPoint presentation (five to seven slides, not including your title or references slide) that addresses one of the top five causes of mortality and morbidity from the Global Burden of Disease Study (GBD). Select the health issue based on a specific country of interest and include the following in your presentation:
- Evidence and statistics supporting it as a major health issue, such as the Disability Adjusted Life Years or other measures of mortality and morbidity. Indicate which country you selected.
- Four major risk factors related to the health issue.
- Potential gaps or limitations in the data.
- Three social or economic opportunities to control or reduce the prevalence of this issue (reference the connection to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals).
- Points of interest regarding this leading cause of mortality and morbidity related to the country you selected.