Discuss uncompensated care in the era of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Your paper should address the following questions explicitly:
- What is meant by the term ?ncompensated care?·/li>
- Who bears the burden of uncompensated care? Please explain.
- To what extent has the ACA been successful in reducing this burden? To what extent has it not? (Note: Be sure to support your responses with evidence from your background readings; failure to do so will result in point deductions.)
- Length: 2-3 pages, double-spaced.
- Your work will be evaluated based on the grading rubric criteria. Please review this rubric before you begin working on the assignment.
- Required ReadingBhattacharya, D. (2013). Chapter 16: Medical readmissions and the Affordable Care Act. In Public health policy: Issues, theories, and advocacy. (pp. 365·87). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.Goldman, H. H., & Karakus, M. C. (2014). Do not turn out the lights on the public mental health system when the ACA is fully implemented. Journal of Behavioral Health Services & Research, 41(4). 429·33.Valdovinos, E., Le, S., & Hsia, R. Y. (2015). In California, not-for-profit hospitals spent more operating expenses on charity care than for-profit hospitals spent. Health Affairs, 34(8), 1296·303.Xavier University Library. (2014). How to write a position paper. Retrieved from http://www.xavier.edu/library/students/documents/p…