Option #1: Analyzing a National or Global Healthcare Policy
For the wrap-up of this course, it? time to weave together the knowledge that you have gained; the goal of this project is to integrate the previous Critical Thinking assignments into an interconnected exploration of a specific healthcare policy.
For the Portfolio Project, you will complete a two-part assignment (further explained below). Create the documents in the vein of a presentation that you might share with a community group that is having a policy explained for the first time; pretend that the group has no knowledge of what happens behind the scenes to create and implement a healthcare policy. You will not actually be required to present this to a group, but prepare the project so that it would be acceptable for an audience of that nature.
The two documents are as follows:
- A mind map (via the Text 2 Mind Map site) depicting the essential points and subpoints of your topic. Think of the mind map as a visual outline that addresses the questions listed below.
- A narrative explanation that covers the rationale, research, and processes involved in creating this healthcare policy. The narrative essay should serve as the commentary to accompany the mind map if it were being presented to the group mentioned above; it should be 4-5 pages in length.
Reference the content here and all previous assignments before making your selection below.
In this Portfolio Project, you will analyze a national and global healthcare policy. Select a specific federal healthcare policy (other than the Affordable Care Act) to review. Provide information related to the following points:
- What was the name and introduction process of the original policy?
- What research was conducted and/or analyzed to determine the need for the policy?
- How was the policy promoted or lobbied against at the federal level?
- What is the impact, or intended impact, of the policy? Consider the viewpoints of multiple stakeholders, and include financial impact.
- How does this policy affect other healthcare policies?
- Explain any moral or ethical implications of this policy.
- Are any other countries currently working toward a similar policy or has another country successfully passed a similar policy? Is the process similar or different?
Adhere to the following standards:
- The narrative should be 4-5 pages in length, not including the title or references pages.
- Review the grading rubric, which can be accessed from the Week 8 Folder.
- Be sure to follow the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements ( have the sources cited in the paragraphs and include a reference page with at least four to five sources.)
- Support your interpretation with evidence from at least four peer-reviewed journal articles, other than the article provided here. It? helpful to search for articles from the CSU-Global Library.
- When you complete the Mind Map, you will be given a web address specifically created for the map. Type this web address at the top of the first page of your narrative, and then submit. Note that you will be given a web address, as well as a view-only web address. The first address, which is not view-only, is the one that should be submitted.